Addiction to drugs is a public health issue that brings with it important problems worldwide, from a health, social and economic point of view. For this reason, the National Plan against drug addictions was approved on June 16, 2004, to give an institutional response by offering a framework of work from a global and integrative perspective and acting from different fields and with the involvement of various agents.
The overall objective is the reduction of demand and the negative effects on health that are derived from the consumption of substances that create dependence, treating alcohol and tobacco as any addictive substance. Emphasis is placed on the detection and treatment associated with the reduction of damage. Actions aimed at achieving these objectives are framed in three main areas of intervention: prevention area, care area and reinsertion area. For drug treatment you can actually opt for the best options now.
- From the National Plan against Drug Addiction, prevention is considered the most important strategy to address this problem, based on education and framed in a context of health education.
- The main areas of action are school and family, without forgetting other areas such as work, health, the media, etc.). Children and young people are considered the most at risk.
- The legislative development must be emphasized in order to reduce supply, a strategy that is included within the framework of prevention.
- It aims to prevent the consumption of drugs and their individual and social consequences through the acquisition of healthy habits through awareness raising, awareness, information, modification of social stereotypes, training, etc.
Strategies: reduce demand and reduce supply (through legislative development).
What is the Drug Addiction Assistance Center?
The Drug Dependence Care Center (CAD) is a second-level treatment center, following the indications of the Autonomous drug plan. The first level centers correspond to primary, healthcare and social assistance. The second-level drug addiction devices are considered specialized resources in the treatment of drug addiction, with the following functions:
- Information and guidance of drug addicts and family members interested in starting treatment
- Medical, psychological, social and toxicological diagnosis
- Involve and motivate the relatives of the patients in order to intervene in the treatment.
- Collaborate with health centers to start treatment.
- Advise and train the first-level teams in the functions of promotion, prevention and reintegration.
- Completion of outpatient regimen treatment programs
Derivation of cases to third level resources: units of hospital detoxification, therapeutic communities, etc.
Who is it for?
This service is aimed at people with problems of abuse and / or dependence on addictive substances and behaviors.
Drug dependencies- Filed under: Youth, Families, Citizen
The objective of this program is to prevent the consumption of drugs and promote healthy habits to the citizens of the region.
The main functions of the Drug Addiction Prevention Plan are:
Provide information, advice and guidance to young people and the rest of the population in the region
Promote educational programs in schools for pre-school and primary education and in secondary education institutes.